Frederique’s Choice US, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, "Frederique’s Choice") respects your individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, associates, vendors and others with whom we do business. Frederique’s Choice strives to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business, and prides itself on upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices.
This Policy applies to all Personal Information, in any format or medium, relating to all you, our employees, customers, vendors and others who do business with Frederique’s Choice.
Definition of Personal Information
For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions shall apply:
"Personal Information" means any information or set of information, whether alone or in combination with other information gathered, processed, used or stored by Frederique’s Choice, sufficient to identify you, an employee, or other individual. Personal Information does not include information that is anonymous, nor does it include publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
Frederique’s Choice, when gathering, processing, storing, using or disclosing your Personal Information, shall follow these principles:
Notice and Consent. Frederique’s Choice endeavors to inform you when we collect Personal Information about you, the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information, the types of third parties to which Frederique’s Choice discloses or may disclose that information, and the choices and means we offer you for limiting the use and disclosure of your Personal Information. When you provide information to Frederique’s Choice you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other Frederique’s Choice websites, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, postal and email address, or phone number).
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address).
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number).
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender).
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs.
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications.
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our sites.
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Manage and maintain your account on the sites.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media.
- Publish your testimonials about Frederique’s Choice, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state).
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read).
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Online Advertising and Tracking
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Frederique’s Choice’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot use the Site, or take advantage of certain Frederique’s Choice offerings or site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may direct us not to share the personal information we maintain about you with our business partners for those partners’ own purposes. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use the Site or take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Frederique’s Choice has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Frederique’s Choice, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email email@example.com, with the subject line "California Privacy" and your request in the body of your email.
Access and Correction
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Frederique’s Choice. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Frederique’s Choice, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Frederique’s Choice does not knowingly collect any personal information (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through its web site. Frederique’s Choice will specifically instruct children under 13 not to submit such information to this web site. We do not currently allow children under 13 to register for or participate in contests or promotions on this site. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that their child has provided us with personally identifiable information, that parent or guardian should contact us if they want this information deleted from our systems. If Frederique’s Choice obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files we will delete that information from our existing files. In addition, anyone under 18 years of age should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any personal information on this site.
How to Contact Us
Attn: Legal Department
75 Varick Street, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Attn: Legal Department
75 Varick Street, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Last Updated: July 15, 2015